Indian Head Massage Information Leaflet
Indian head massage is based on the Ayurveda system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a thousand years.
How does it work?
The aim of Indian head massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders.
What does it involve?
The client sits in a massage chair for the treatment. The therapist uses a range of different movements including application of deep kneading and compression movements over the neck, shoulder and scalp areas. In addition, the therapist will also gently stimulate and stroke pressure points on the face.
What is it good for?
Indian head massage is especially good for relieving stress, tension, fatigue, insomnia, headaches, migraine and sinusitis. Clients report that the experience is deeply calming and relaxing, leaving them feeling energised and revitalised and better able to concentrate.
What are the benefits?
Indian head massage helps increase joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders, improves blood circulation and lymphatic flow, frees knots of muscular tension, relaxes connective tissue, and aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products. It is particularly good for reducing the effects of stress and tension.
Angina | Heart disease | Spondylitis | Arthritis affecting the head, neck or back | Epilepsy | Fibromyalgia | MS and other Neurological Diseases | Whiplash Injuries | Thrombosis or Embolism | Osteoporosis | Cancer |
It is always a good idea to consult your GP for advice on the above named contraindications.
Always make sure that you avoid alcohol for at least five hours before the treatment.
Aftercare / Home care/use products
Here are a few aftercare suggestions, to help you get the maximum benefits from your treatment. You should try to observe them for the next 24 hours.
• Drink as much water as possible immediately after your massage – this will assist the body in flushing out the toxins, which have been released.
• Eat a light meal only – this will help the cleansing effect on the body.
• Avoid carrying heavy bags, in particular shoulder bags, as this will only undermine the good work that has been done!!
• Avoid Tea, Coffee and Cola products, as these contain caffeine, which acts as a stimulant, and this slows down the healing process. Herbal or Green teas are excellent alternatives.
• Avoid washing the area that has been treated – this will allow the massage to take full benefit and condition the skin and hair.
• Avoid alcohol – your blood is pumping round your body much faster after your massage, and you would become very tipsy, very quickly!!
During the treatment, the massage movements that are used release unwanted and excess toxins from the body. Consequently, following a massage treatment it is possible the body may experience what is known as a ‘Healing Crisis’.
Over the next 12-24 hours, it is quite normal for you to experience any of the following:
Deep sleep / difficulty sleeping / vivid dreams
May suffer a headache
Increase in mucous as the sinuses are drain
Some conditions which may have been suppressed (i.e. a cold)
Slight skin rash as the body rebalances itself
It is also quite natural for you to sometimes feel weepy
Cost: 30 mins £25 / 60 mins £40
Sweets Beauty tailors each massage to suit your individual needs.
And most importantly -
Take time out for relaxation
Improve your health and well-being and give your body & mind time to relax. Enjoy the benefits of a massage.
Nicola Rose provides male & female professional waxing, & spray tanning services in Chelmsford, Essex